search icon

Food Truck Permit

(303) 384-8024 911 10th St., Golden, CO80401
Food trucks are a popular and convenient dining option, and they're welcome to operate in Golden under specific circumstances, and with a valid permit. 
What You Need to Know
  • Private Property:  Food trucks can operate on private property in mixed zone and commercial districts. For instance, if a local brewery or tasting room invites a food truck to serve its customers, the truck may park in the business's parking lot or elsewhere on the property, as long as it's off the city right-of-way. Food trucks are prohibited from operating as a commercial business in residential zoned areas. Check out our [Golden Parcel Information Map](link) to research appropriate commercial and mixed use districts.
  • Block Parties:  If a neighborhood applies for and receives a Block Party Permit, they can invite a food truck to sell to the block party attendees. 
  • Special Events:  When an event organizer submits and receives approval for a Special Event Permit, food trucks are allowed to operate within the defined area of the approved special event location.
  • Pavilion Rentals:  Food trucks can serve at events in conjunction with a paid [pavilion rental](link) at Golden Heights or Lions Park. In this case, food trucks may only serve the attendees at the event associated with the pavilion rental.
  • **Please note: Food trucks serving events at Lions Park are not allowed to operate in or utilize the Golden Community Center parking lot.
Permit & Inspection Requirements
  • CO Food Service License: Complete the Jefferson County Public Health Form 3200–Retail Food Pushcart - Mobile Food Unit Plan Review Application as the first step in obtaining a Colorado Retail Food Service License, if you don’t already have one. A retail food license may be obtained from any Colorado public health agency, with the exception of the City and County of Denver, which maintain their own licensing program.
  • Sales & Use Tax License:  Secure a current Sales & Use Tax License in the City of Golden OR a Temporary Vendor License if you are participating in a permitted special event. Learn more about obtaining the correct sales tax license on this page under “Sales & Use Tax License”.
  • Certificate of Inspection:  Obtain a Certificate of Inspection from the Golden Fire Department through the Online Permit Portal under Fire–Apply for a Permit–Fire Operational Permits. A Certificate of Inspection may be obtained from any of the participating jurisdictions of the Fire Marshals Association of Colorado (FMAC). A yearly inspection is required to maintain the certificate, however, and a current Certificate of Inspection must be available to present to city staff or Fire Department personnel at all times when operating in the city. All food trucks and mobile food units are subject to inspection at any time by the Golden Fire Department.
Contact the Golden Fire Department at for more information.
footer shape